Activities Assistant (CASTLE ROCK, COLORADO)
Brookside Inn, a privately owned, 5-star skilled nursing and rehabilitation facility in Castle Rock, is seeking compassionate and conscientious full-time, and part-time Activities Assistants to join our team of qualified individuals. We are looking for a professional who is committed to the highest standards of integrity, quality care, and respect for our residents.
Rate of Pay
$20.00 an hour (non – CNA)
$23.00 an hour (with active CNA license)
Paid time off, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision insurance, optional Colonial Life benefits, 401k after one year of employment, referral bonus, Life Insurance, and AD&D Insurance.
How to Apply
- A minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Previous experience in a healthcare setting is preferred
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with residents, family members, visitors, staff, and the general public
- Must be willing to undergo a criminal background check
- Positive attitude
- Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of team work.
- Assist the Activities Director in creating a monthly calendar of activities.
- Assist with printing and posting the calendars in prominent locations visible to residents and visitors.
- Interview residents or family members to obtain activity preferences.
- Coordinate and assist residents in getting to activity locations within the facility.
- Assist in conducting scheduled activities to promote the physical, social, and mental well-being of residents.
- Document resident activity program attendance and ensure that all charted activity notes are informative, descriptive of the services provided, and indicate the resident’s response to the service.
- Observe resident mood, behavior, and degree of involvement in facility activities and report any changes or concerns to the Activities Director, and or Nurse.
- Involve residents and families in planning activities program when possible.
- Conduct in room activities programs for those residents who benefits from one on one visits.
- Assist with Resident/Family Council meetings as indicated.
- Complete other duties as assigned to them by the Activity Director.
- Assist with completing annual/quarterly activity assessments as scheduled and update resident care plans.
- Adheres to all facility policies and procedures.
- Follows appropriate safety and hygiene measures at all times to protect residents and themselves.